Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Flowing As Water


I was in the middle of a contract negotiation and was being less than flexible.  My son emailed me this quote by Bruce Lee. “You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend."   As I read it I realized I had become as rigid as ice. When ice falls, it breaks apart in pieces. He was right, I needed this contract to go through and not fall apart. I became as water. However the more I thought about the quote,the more I realized that I had become the ice form of water.  Tired of evaporating into nothingness. Some have abused my flexibility and ability to flow. My flow was redirected, damned up, forms changed continuously, and spread out too thin on hot surfaces until I evaporated into the air.  Seizing to exist as water. I disappeared as me. Having become air floating invisibly, I was left alone. Floating in the atmosphere long enough gave me the chance to reassess who I am and recycle back into me. As I fell from the sky once again as shapeless and formless water, I knew that I will never become nonexistent  but will take on new form of water and will continue to flow. Sometimes you need to evaporate on hot slabs granite of the earth to regroup and fall somewhere different and flow strongly once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment